Wednesday, March 1, 2023

"Teacher Evaluation"

In college, I was forced to take two semesters of science in order to graduate. They had this science class for liberal arts majors called "Great Ideas For Physics." As it turned out, I had no great ideas for physics, and although I did pretty well the first semester, my life then completely hit the skids and I didn't do as well the second semester and almost failed the class. But I digress . . .

The best part of the class -- not including how I almost failed it and how I had my lab partner do all the labs because I had no idea what was going on -- was when it came time for the teacher evaluation. I actually liked the professor, and still remember him to this day -- let's call him Professor Smith, for anonymity's sake. But, in a moment of feeling a little cheeky -- call it a flight of fancy, a flight of whimsy, if you will -- I wrote the following evaluation:

"Professor Smith is the slave master, and I am the all too willing slave." 

Truly the words of a young man who had no great ideas for Physics, and perhaps few great ideas for anything at all.   

No comments: