Monday, May 27, 2019

"The Black Diamond of Sorrow"


I've named my car the Black Diamond of Sorrow. 

Now let's work backwards: For a long time, I've thought it ridiculous, funny--but also fascinating--so many people's reactions to heavy metal, death metal, extreme metal--whatever metal!--that the claims that metal makes people killers, and if played backwards, the record told you to stab yourself and others in the neck with a fork, that it brought me to googling Satanism--let me repeat that for how absurd that is--googling Satanism, only to find they have a website and the religion is so idiotic and nice (they're all about being kind and diplomatic for the most part) that . . . well . . . What can you say?

Anyway, this is why I find it so interesting, funny, and stupid all at once. But without it, I'd be driving a black 2006 Nissan Sentra sedan. Not the Black Diamond of Sorrow.   

No comments: