Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Interview with Ben Franklin"

The following interview was conducted by phone and translated verbatim.

BF: Hello?
M: Dude, what's up? It's Marc.
BF: Yes, I've been expecting your call.
M: So off the bat, last time I saw you was like two months ago in L.A. at that Mexican bar, and you all sorts of popular. What have you been up to since?
BF: Actually, I've been kind of bummed-out.
M: How come?
BF: Dude, I feel like a has-been.
M: A has-been? Why?
BF: Everywhere I go, I see cell phones. This very interview is being conducted via cell phone.
M: I'm missing the point.
BF: Who do you think invented the telephone?
M: I think the technology was developed during World War II.
BF: Alexander Graham Bell.
M: I thought he invented the piano -- yo, remeber in school how there was that big debate over whether the piano belonged to the percussion or string family, and like it got put in percussion, even though just didn't feel right?
BF: Stop talking.
M: Okay.
(Long pause)
BF: I'm saying I feel like Bell has outdone me.
M: That's nonsense. Who invented electricity? You did! And what do phones run on? E-lec-tric-it-e.
BF: Yeah, I guess you're right.
M: Feel better?
BF: Yeah, I do. Thanks, Marc.
M: Good talkin' to ya, Ben Franklin.
BF: Later.
M: Later.

No comments: