Friday, August 27, 2021

"A Brief History Of My Figure Skating To Date"

As a young figure skater, I was often compared to Kristi Yamaguchi and my style was described as "hauntingly feminine." However, when high school rolled around, I was kind of in and out of the sport, often seen as a dilettante and a manchild who could soar through the air on his way to completing a triple axel. But it was in college that I really got back into it, redefining the sport as I simultaneously fed my brain with knowledge and wore spandex shorts year-round. Yet then I graduated and it was "Time for a real job. And take off those spandex shorts!" Well, here I am, sixteen years down the pike, and it's time to frighten people with leotards and the kind of aggressive, yet feminine, figure skating that made people believe anything was possible.   

No comments: