Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Headlining"

Fred and I snagged Skull Fracture a basement show with Uncouth Youth and Herb Bermann’s Side Project. We were scheduled to go on third, which in our heads made us feel like we were the headlining band, but there was a noise complaint and the cops shut us down. My mom tried to talk the cops into letting us play our set and almost got arrested. Finally, the fuzz left, and as we were loading up our gear, my mom came flying out of the house with a toaster, chucked it on the lawn, and said, “We better get outa here!” Our first gig.

1 comment:

Joe said...

I saw your link on our actionsection page and I read through this whole blog. Really good stuff. I like the economical writing style. You get right to the point, right to the good stuff. Really clear and simple, which should be everybody's goal but usually isn't. And the mummy thing is great. I agree.